I can represent you from the beginning of the IEP process or start whenever you need extra assistance. Whether I review minutes of an IEP meeting to make suggestion for what should be included, attend an IEP meeting, file a due process challenge before a Georgia administrative law judge or anything in between, having a lawyer on your side shows the school district that you are serious about receiving the best possible IEP.
Specific tasks I can help with include:
- requesting an evaluation or an IEP meeting
- preparing for the IEP eligibility meeting
- preparing for the IEP program meeting -- including drafting parts of the IEP and suggesting what material will be most effective
- attending an IEP meeting
- reviewing evaluations and IEP forms before you sign them
- researching a specific legal issue that applies to your situation
- helping you informally resolve a dispute with the school district
- assessing the strength of your case, if you are considering filing a complaint
- preparing for and attending hearings
- writing post-hearing briefs
- preparing a complaint for you to file with the appropriate educational agency
- representing you in court.
Call (404) 590-5585 or contact me to set up a consultation.